With several inches of snow and construction fencing making the rounds a little more challenging, the Ice Bowl in Huckleberry Park went off without a hitch Saturday.
The tournament is called Ice Bowl, and the No. 1 rule is that it will not be canceled due to weather. The number of participants was down but the Tri-States were all represented. Hannibal Parks & Recreation sponsors the tournament with prizes provided by Excitement Disc Golf.
Proceeds from Ice Bowl went to the Buddy Pack program, which benefits more than 500 Marion County schoolchildren. The program allows children to take home backpacks full of free food each Friday. The backpacks are full of juice, soup, cereal, peanut butter and other simple staples. The goal is to make sure low-income children stay fed, healthy and productive. Participants also brought canned goods for a local food pantry.
- 1st: Rodney Schild of Quincy, Ill.
- 2nd: Myles Hummel of Quincy
- 3rd: Matt Frymoyer of Canton
- 1st: Daniel Soebbing of Quincy
- 2nd: Roger Beachy of Mount Pleasant, Iowa
- 3rd: Jason Courson of Quincy
- 1st: Aaron Leake of Hannibal
- 2nd: John Shoemate of Fort Madison, Iowa
- 3rd: Brad Fink of Hannibal