Pumpkins in the Park was part of a celebration of autumn Saturday in Central Park, allowing everyone to enjoy the season before bad weather hits. The event coincided with the last day of Central Park Farmers’ Market.
The seventh annual Pumpkins in the Park was sponsored by Hannibal Parks & Recreation.
The Pirate Pride singers, a group of fourth and fifth graders from Eugene Field School, performed for the crowd, led by Teresa Paszkiet.
The prizes were donated by SC Data Center.
Here are the winners in the youth category:
- Scariest: Coleton Hall
- Funniest: Kristalyn Manuel
- Most Creative: Aubrey Stewart
- Hannibal Proud: Carter Dickson
- Mayor’s Choice: Amara Coffey
Here are the winners in the adult category:
- Scariest & Hannibal Proud: Josephine Crane
- Funniest: Susan White
- Most Creative and Mayor’s Choice: Kameil Crane
Pumpkins that weren’t retrieved by their owners after the contest are on display at City Hall until after Halloween.