Despite the construction at Huckleberry Park, there were more than 40 participants in a disc golf tournament Saturday, Nov. 2.
The Don Crane Memorial Huck Finn Open disc golf tournament is played at Hannibal’s Huckleberry Park for the first round and at Flower City Park in Palmyra for the second round.
The first, second and third place winners follow:
- Open Division: Doug Williams, Bryan Johnson, Alan Wagner
- Advanced Division: Kyle Roeder, Brian Strokotter, Randy Moughan
- Amateur Masters 40+: Paul Emmerich, Jason Courson, Timothy Shanx Wiegard
- Amateur Masters 50+: Louis Garrett, Rodney Schild, Roy Zumwalt
- Intermediate: Alex Adelman, Jeff Duffy, Mike Survant
- Intermediate Women: Debbie Polkinghorne, Angela Rueter
- Recreational: Aaron Leake, Brad Fink, Shane Powell
- Recreational Women: Virginia Polkinghorne
The tournament is sponsored by Hannibal Parks & Recreation, Excitement Disc Golf, Palmyra Parks & Recreation and General Mills.
The renovation of the Huckleberry Park pond began in September and should be finished by the end of the year. The pond is being reconstructed and enlarged with a clay liner to eliminate leaking. Some of the material excavated from the pond will be used to fill in ravines in the park. The disc golf course will have a different layout after the dirt settles and land is graded.