More than 1,600 children in Northeast Missouri will receive gifts through the Toys for Tots program this holiday season.
Locally sponsored by Douglass Community Services and Hannibal Parks & Recreation, the goal of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to less fortunate children in the community.
Last year about 600 low-income families from Marion, Ralls, Pike, Monroe, Shelby and Lewis Counties received assistance. Each child receives three toys, along with stocking stuffers and books.
Toys will be collected along the route on Broadway and Main Street during the Christmas Parade at 6 p.m. Dec 5, sponsored by the Hannibal Jaycees.
There are coin cans and donation boxes in the following locations:
- Hannibal: Board of Public Works, Hannibal National Bank at Main Street, North and Shinn Lane locations, Peter’s Heating & Air, Ravenscraft Realty, Saints Avenue Bank, Shell on Broadway, Mark Twain Avenue, James Road and Shinn Lane, VFW, Watlow, American Legion, Ayerco on Mark Twain Avenue, Market Street and Route MM, Big Lots, Bleigh Ready Mix, Dollar General, Elks Lounge, ESS – Bross Construction, Groomingdale’s, Hannibal Carbide, Hannibal Regional Hospital
- Canton: Ayerco, Canton Grade School, Orscheln
- LaGrange: Mark Twain Casino
- West Quincy: Ayerco
- Bowling Green: Abel’s Quik Shop, Ayerco, Dollar General, HNB, Orscheln, Shell
- Louisiana: Ayerco, Dollar General, Orscheln, Shell
- Monroe City: Dollar General, HNB, Orscheln
- Shelbina: Dollar General, Orscheln,
- Palmyra: Dollar General, HNB, Marion County Sheriff’s office, Shell, Wilco Fast Break
- New London: Tubby’s Bar & Grill
- Center: Crossroads Bar, Library Center
- Perry: Dollar General, HNB
- Lewistown: Dollar General
- Ewing: Dollar General