Hannibal Parks & Recreation Job Openings
Hannibal Parks & Recreation Department employs 13 full-time staff and more than 50 part-time and seasonal staff.
Do you want to work with us?
Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons at the aquatic facility. Oversee activities, pool parties and assist with swimming lessons. Explain and enforce rules, regulations, and policies. Respond to emergencies and rescuing swimmers in danger of drowning.
-15 years of age or older
-Completion of lifeguard training provided by Hannibal Parks & Recreation:
- Swim 300 yards continuously (Prerequisite)
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs (Prerequisite)
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds (Prerequisite)
- Attend and participate in all class sessions
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities
- Demonstrate competency in all required final rescue skill scenarios
- Correctly answer at least 80 percent of the questions in each of the two sections of the final written exam
Provides good customer service by being friendly, tactful, courteous. Maintains alert and professional at all times. Administers and enforce pool rules. Responsible for register operations including accurately collecting and depositing money and selling items. Prepares food in a safe and clean manner. Ensures a high level of cleanliness and safety with food preparation equipment and dispensers. Performs daily open and closing cleaning duties.
- Hours: 7:00am – 3:30pm from Monday – Friday with ½ hour lunch from 12:00pm – 12:30pm
- Requirements: Must be 16 years old with valid driver’s license
- Pay: $10.00 per hour
- Experience: No experience necessary, but experience with lawn care equipment preferred.
- Weed eaters
- Brush cutters
- Hand tools, etc
- Cleaning and trash collection at parks/facilities
- Watering trees, flowers
- Baseball field prep
- Any other items deemed necessary for operation of parks system.